THE SUSTAINABLE FLEXO
PLATE MOUNTING SOLUTION
For High Quality and Consistent Printing
The concept of tesa Twinlock® is simple; a self-adhesive and compressible sleeve to mount your flexo printing plates. The foundation of tesa Twinlock® is a base printing sleeve or cylinder that is coated with a layer of polyurethane (PU) foam. The PU foam is comprised of an open cell structure, and provides reliable, consistent, and long-term print quality. The open cell structure is a key feature as it effectively absorbs bouncing effects, and thus, requires little on-press adjustments.
On top of the PU foam layer, the unique tesa Twinlock® adhesive coating is applied. This is a specially treated polymer that has been created in a way that it can remain tacky and permanently maintain its adhesion properties. Through a careful cleaning process it is ready for an endless amountof usages. This combination of adhesive and open cell foammakes tesa Twinlock® a worldwide, unique technology.
Four Varieties – Three Hardnesses to Print Every Job in Flexo
85 % of the printers using tesa Twinlock®, use the medium hardness. The other 15% is equally divided between the soft and the hard PU foam hardness.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical support staff will be glad to support you.
Perfect Combination of Costs, Quality & Sustainibility
The Polyurethane Foam Provides Compressibility
Due to the open cell structure of the PU foam it always fully recovers after impression in the printing press.
tesa Twinlock® – Unique Quality Control
Every sleeve is measured by laser during and at the end of the production process. The Outside diameter of each sleeve is close to perfect. Sleeve to sleeve over and over again.
Tolerance of a Twinlock sleeve is +/- 2/100mm.
By producing Twinlock on every 1/100mm we can “Tailor make” each sleeve.
Benefits of tesa Twinlock®
Cost savings and time savings in the mounting department.
Consistent print results due to open cell structure of the tesa Twinlock® PU Foam.
The adhesion of the tesa Twinlock® is permanent meaning that you can mount plates over and over again without end.
The sustainable & reusable plate mounting solution that significantly improves your Carbon footprint.
ROI after 25 times of usage.
Full HD Certified
Receiving this Full HD certificate acknowledges that we are performing among the best in our field. With our tesa Twinlock® self-adhesive sleeve you can accomplish exceptional print results including smoother and sharper images.
Award Winning Product
tesa Twinlock® won the Flexographic Technical Innovation award. The award was given by the FTA (Flexographic Technical Association). This award was a great achievement especially when received from such a well known and professional organisation. The development of tesa Twinlock® could only have taken place with the help and input of many printers in the industry.
Our management system is certified according to the standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO/TS 16949.