Improve packaging with the benefits of PTFE
In the packaging industry many applications rely on materials that withstand extreme temperatures, resist friction and include release properties. Fiberglass tapes and fabrics coated with Teflon™ PTFE can be an ideal solution to incorporate these benefits into packaging applications. These products can be applied on heat sealing equipment including commercial bag sealers, L-Bar sealers, or impulse wire sealers as element covers. PTFE Fiberglass tapes can also be used to improve molding applications and fill/form/seal blister packaging.
The most common tape used for these types of applications is PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass, a woven fiberglass fabric coated with PTFE. This tape can be supplied with silicone or acrylic adhesive. Generally, most applications need silicone adhesive due to its temperature resistance of up to 500°F and its clean release properties for replacement installation. Acrylic adhesive is used for high tack adhesion for stronger hold and has a temperature resistance of -40°F to 375°F. CS Hyde Company offers two different versions of PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass: standard-grade and ultra-premium grade.
- Standard Grade: General Purpose
- Available with r without liner.
- Thicknesses: 3 mil., 5 mil, 6 mil., 10 mil., 14 mil.
- Ultra-premium Grade: Improved base fiberglass and extra coating of PTFE
- Available in thicknesses: 3 mil., 5 mil., 10 mil.
Custom slit widths available. No minimum order quantities.
If an application does not require adhesive, PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass fabric is an ideal alternative. Fabric is commonly used in plastic packaging as a release sheet on welding plates. We offer five different versions: standard grade, ultra-premium grade, mechanical grade, tear & crease resistant and semi porous.
- Standard Grade: General purpose PTFE (Teflon™) coated fiberglass
- Ultra-premium Grade: Higher base fiberglass and extra PTFE coating
- Mechanical Grade: More texture, lighter coating of PTFE
- Tear & Crease Resistant: Resists tearing, folding, or creasing
- Semi Porous: “Bleeder cloth”, lighter coating of PTFE
Fabrics can be sold by the lineal yard, full log stock, custom sheeted/die cut, or fabricated into belting.